As evidence of the blog, I find myself always looking for ways to improve myself. How can I make my skin glow (or stop breaking out for that matter), how to become the queen of the kitchen, how to make off the rack clothing look like I stepped off the runway. I know I'm not the only victim of this addiction.
My only concern at times is the thought that maybe all this improving that I am trying to do is trying to compensate for an empty place. I don't mean to lower the lights and put a damper on the joy of DIY and lipgloss reviews, but there is always a time for deep reflection, and I find that when we allow ourselves to get serious, we find greater joy in the lighter + brighter moments.
In my life, I try and remind myself daily that I was created perfectly and created by a perfect maker, with a perfect plan. This is a truth that we can all live by and in my perspective -- should live by. It is important to remember that the shoes you just nabbed on Net-A-Porter are not brighter than the good things you do for other people. The freckles on your face that you try and conceal everyday with Laura Mercier were intentionally placed on your cheekbones for someone to fall in love with someday. Although we are passionate about the aesthetically pleasing, there is no eternal pleasure in a great closet or a perfect body. There is nothing more perfect and beautiful than a heart that loves and serves others, directed toward a divine God.
I look at beautiful women all the time. It's always been something I have a horrible habit of doing. I say that because I too often cross the line of admiration into self-loathing or envy. However when I strip myself of the social networking, the material world, the stress of keeping up with the "It" crowd and search deep down in my heart, I find that the most beautiful women are those who love with all their heart, live a life without ego and are humble and honest.
Most importantly, something I truly admire are those who make the appearance of their hair and their home an after thought to their character, their family and their community. We can't ever forget that each and every one of us has purpose and is "loved more than we will ever know by someone who died to know us".
There is no inadequacy that God cannot make adequate.






0 comments:
Post a Comment