
I have been a dancer all my life. From age 4 to age 20 I was active ALL the time. I was a volleyball player, I was always considered "skinny", I even worked at World Gym in my hometown making protein shakes + managing the front desk and opening & closing the gym. However, a series of events in my life occurred that completely shook me to the core, causing my emotional, mental and physical fortitude to be tested.

The girl who was a freshman in college and never smoked a cigarette in her life transformed into a pack-a-day smoker (with asthma). Confidence and health became insecurity and self-destruction. I was officially hitting rock bottom, eating and eating and smoking and drinking to cover up pain and shame and a bad relationship and reputation. I was no longer pretty and accomplished, I was chubby and ashamed of myself, constantly self-deprecating, medicating my depression and anxiety with food and cigarettes. It was a dark, out of control and SUDDEN spiral that transformed me into a person that I did not recognize.

I hated what she did, what she looked like, how she failed, how she gave up, how people judged her, how much she judged herself, and if I didn't do something, I truly don't know where I would be today. Now I want to point out that outward appearance is NOT what this is about, nor why I am writing this. But I do have to point out that as soon as I lost control of my appearance, I realized that I had rooted a lot of my identity in being "blonde + skinny Chelsea", not "strong, disciplined + healthy Chelsea". I had gained all this emotional weight because of a traumatic few years of my life, but I was confronted with the notion that THERE HAD TO BE MORE that I could base my strength on.

Suddenly 20, felt like 50, and I was tired walking up stairs and trading in my closet full of beautiful clothes for garments that hid me rather than highlighted me. Ironically, many people did not even notice that I gained weight, because they didn't ever see me. I hid from cameras, from friends, from any article of clothing that did not completely envelop my body and I did not want to be found. One of the few pictures I think I even have at this weight was when I modeled for my friend's hair show & actually HAD to take a picture. I was so proud of her work, but hated everything I saw in my own reflection.



I let my past define my present and I wasn't ready to GIVE UP ON MYSELF. I was not going to let any of it seep into my future. This is what this journey is about. Reclaiming your independence from emotional eating or a hateful, deep-seeded, self loathing body image. Our exterior is a reflection of the work going on inside of us.Your heart is beautiful, why do you hate your body?

I abused myself through food and a blatant disregard for my own health because I let someone make me feel like I was not worth a happy life. Please note I let someone make me feel a certain way, something I decided to stop letting happen to me.

It ultimately comes down to HOW BAD YOU WANT A CHANGE. Are you strong enough? Are you willing to put in the work? Is your heart strong enough to handle the emotional and mental revolution, along with the physical? This was more than just pushups.


I weighed 170lbs a little over a year and a half ago and currently weigh 125 lbs of muscle. I quit smoking 8 months ago. I am still a full time student (studying Psychology with a specialization in Life Coaching), a full time consultant (for a company I LOVE for the past 5 years) AND I have a career in fitness with Beachbody. I want this for you. I want to text you, call you, email you, find out WHAT we can do to make the change that you deserve in your life. My team of Beachbody coaches have closed Facebook groups, conference calls and constant support for one another and ALL we want to do is see our contagious progress and passion spread. Whether you are an experienced athlete, personal trainer, complete beginner or recently out of shape, BEACHBODY has a place for you as a coach and a customer.

Whether or not there is enough time in the day, I am forcing myself to FORCE the time. It is an investment in my future as well as the future of the people I love. I have become hooked on the feeling of being in control of my body and learning about discipline, self control and dedication. My body has gone through such an enormous transformation as well as my heart and my mind. I want to share this feeling with other people and I want to keep this feeling going longer and stronger than it already has in less than a year. I don't only want to help chisel bodies but chisel away the pain of past experiences, abuse, self doubt and emotional fat. I want you to be able to run around with your children, have the best summer of your life, train for a marathon, impress your doctor, prove your friends wrong, fit into that dress, and most importantly

chelosborne@gmail.com
914-420-8766
Teambeachbody.com/chelseaosborne
Twitter.com/chelseablush






0 comments:
Post a Comment