Saturday, November 5, 2011

Hair Mask of the Week { honey olive oil }


When I'm walking I'm flipping it, when I'm sitting I'm touching it, when I'm standing I'm thinking about what color I want to change it to, when I wake up I'm thinking about how I want to style it.

It smells good, it looks good, and a small little change can completely change your attitude. Soft, shiny, bouncy, healthy hair has so much power over the start of my day, I am almost too ashamed to admit. With so much invested into beautiful locks, it is imperative we take care of it -- or at least try everything humanly possible to attain that tousled, bed head, Victoria's Secret supermodel thing that does more for the female population than it does the male.

Now, a little background, I try to avoid drugstores as much as possible, because I love shampoos and conditioners, masks, mousses, serums and sprays. BUT -- at the end of the day, do they all really deliver they way they promise? No (With the exception of some). So why not venture into the world of making your own hair products at home? It's cheaper, not to mention endlessly entertaining and just fun? Well -- I think it's fun.

This leads me to my first hair mask of the week. It is simple to make and most importantly is simple ingredients. Garbage in, garbage out. Natural ingredients yield natural beauty.

This is a very simple process and there are no specific measurements required. Mix in what you like and play around. It is a great introduction into the world of DIY and I guarantee you won't be able to stop touching your hair.


0 comments:

Post a Comment